The following UFS pharmacies are also offering the flu vaccination – please enquire instore.
Ballan UFS Pharmacy
Beaufort UFS Pharmacy
Buninyong UFS Pharmacy
Doveton Street South UFS Pharmacy
Delacombe UFS Pharmacy
A few additional points about the flu vaccine
- The flu shot changes every year to match different strains of the flu that are circulating. Even if you had the flu shot last year, it’s important that you get it every year to make sure you’re protected for when flu season hits.
- The flu shot is safe and effective and doesn’t contain any live virus so it can’t give you the flu.
- Think you’re fit and healthy and never get the flu? The flu doesn’t discriminate, anyone can get the flu. The flu is spread by contact with fluids from coughs and sneezes that contain the flu virus. The flu virus can live on any surface for almost 48 hours. Your best possible protection is with the flu shot.
- The influenza shot does not protect you against COVID-19. Remember that you need to have a gap of at least 14 days between your flu vaccine and your COVID-19 vaccine.
- UFS Medical centres are running flu clinics for existing patients over 65 year olds, which are free, government funded vaccines and bulk billed consultation. Call 5364 9100 to enquire.
If you are eligible for a subsidised flu vaccine**, please check with your nearest UFS Pharmacy for availability, or call your regular GP, as medical practices have the best supply of the NIP subsidised vaccine. UFS Medical is running a dedicated flu clinic for over 65 year olds – please phone UFS Medical on 5364 9100 for details.