At UFS we’re committed to reducing our impact on the environment. Over the years we’ve introduced several initiatives with this goal in mind:
- Sustainable cleaning products are used at all sites. These are purchased in concentrated form and diluted onsite, to reduce the amount of unnecessary packaging used.
- Environmentally sustainable LED lights have been installed at twelve of our sites, with a further five sites to be changed over in the next 12 months.
- UFS is a signatory to Zoos Victoria’s “When Balloons Fly, Sea Birds Die” campaign and has committed not to use balloons at any of our events.
- A sustainable keep cup was presented to each staff member in December 2017, to encourage reduction in the use of plastic lined disposable coffee cups.
- In the next 12 months we will be installing solar panels on some of our largest buildings.
- Our regular small and medium paper bags are being changed to be printed on sustainably sourced paper, with water based inks.