UFS Pharmacies currently have stock of single use disposable masks and re-usable cloth masks, including children’s size, in store and online here.
As of 13 February, 2021, it is currently mandatory for all residents of Victoria to wear a face mask indoors and outdoors when outside their home (unless an exemption applies).
If you are in a position to make your own cloth mask, the Victorian Government has provided useful instructions on how to make an effective mask.
COVID-19 is spread from close contact with an infected person and can be spread when a person coughs or sneezes, so wearing a face ask helps keep you and others safe.
The best way to protect against coronavirus (COVID-19) is wearing a face mask, keeping 1.5 metres apart, washing your hands often, and coughing or sneezing into your elbow or tissue.
Safe mask habits:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after touching your mask
- Never use a dirty or damaged mask
- Check your mask does not have holes or a valve*
- Make sure your mask covers your mouth, nose and chin, and that there are no gaps on the sides
- Avoid touching your mask while you are wearing it
- Take care when you take your mask off – unhook it from your ears and pull it away from your face
- Wash reusable fabric masks in hot, soapy water after each use
- Put your disposable mask straight in the rubbish bin after you take it off.
- Wash your hands after removing the mask.
* Masks with valves only filter air going in, so they only protect you and not others.
For more information on masks, go to: