Visiting our pharmacies
The biggest change you’ll notice at our pharmacies is we’re now offering OLD FASHIONED ‘FULL SERVICE‘, a bit like the old days, where a staff member at the front of the store collects what you need from the shelves for you. We’ve also made the following changes:
- We’re screening everyone for COVID-19 risk prior to entry to the pharmacy and making alternative arrangements for those considered at risk.
- We’re providing hand sanitiser for all customers to sanitise their hands prior to entering the pharmacy
- We’re also rigorously cleaning all frequently touched surfaces, so you may need to be patient with us if this means you have to wait a little longer.
- We’re asking you to pay with your card wherever possible, as cash is guilty of transmitting germs.
- With your permission, we’ll sign the prescription slip on your behalf; this will help avoid germs being transmitted on pens.
- We’ve suspended some services that involve direct contact with you, including blood glucose testing, ear piercing, medication reviews, wound care, footwear and compression stocking fitting, diabetes risk assessments and diabetes education.
If you fall into any of the categories below, please ask a family member or friend to collect your medication, or call the pharmacy to make alternative arrangements:
- You have COVID-19 OR
- You have symptoms of respiratory illness such as a cough, runny nose and/or fever OR
- You have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 OR
- You have travelled overseas, or been in contact with someone who has travelled, in the last 4 weeks
Thank you for your understanding as we work to protect the health and safety of our staff and the community.
- There is no need to stockpile medications. Prescription medication should only be filled in line with your normal requirements.
- If you are a UFS customer who is self-isolating, and you don’t have a family member or friend able to collect your medication from the pharmacy, UFS can provide home delivery of medication and essential items. Please phone your regular UFS pharmacy.
- Please be assured that we are working hard to maintain the supply of all products in our stores.
Skip the queue for your medication
Pre-ordering your medication using the MedAdvisor app is a great way to reduce the amount of time spent in the pharmacy waiting for your prescription. Speak to our pharmacy staff about downloading this app.
Scripts on File
If you don’t have a smartphone, keeping your scripts on file at the pharmacy is the next best option to using the MedAdvisor app. Speak to our pharmacy staff for details.
Where possible, we encourage you to use a contactless card for payments, avoiding cash wherever possible.