Protect yourself and your loved ones with the flu vaccine.
The 2023 flu season has arrived
We’ve seen an increase in hospitalisations this year due to influenza, as the flu can make you seriously unwell. Being vaccinated with this year’s flu vaccine is your best protection and we’re encouraging anyone over the age of six months of age to be vaccinated.
Getting your flu shot at a UFS Pharmacy
- The flu injection is administered by an immunisation accredited pharmacist or nurse
- Your national immunisation record for vaccinations received at a UFS pharmacy will be updated in the same way it would be if you received the vaccination by a GP
- While children between the ages of 10 – 16 years are able to receive the flu vaccination at a UFS pharmacy, we recommend that anxious children between these ages receive the vaccine by a GP. Children up to the age of 10 years need to visit their GP for the vaccine. Click here for information on flu vaccinations at UFS Medical for children
- To book an appointment to receive the flu vaccination, please use the links below.
- If you’ve recently had COVID, you can still safely receive the flu vaccination, as long as you no longer have symptoms.
- The vaccines used at UFS are quadrivalent vaccines, to protect against four different flu viruses.
- Cost is $25, or $20 for UFS members.
- For patients eligible for the NIP flu vaccine, the cost for having this administered is $25 or $20 for UFS members. To check eligibility for an NIP vaccine please click here.