The 2021 flu vaccination is now available at many of our pharmacies.
A few important points about receiving the flu shot at a UFS Pharmacy
- The flu injection is administered by an immunisation accredited pharmacist
- Your national immunisation record for vaccinations received at a UFS pharmacy will be updated in the same way it would be if you received the vaccination by a GP
- A gap of at least 14 days is required between receiving the flu vaccine and the COVID-19 vaccine
- Anyone who has received the Pfizer vaccine should wait until at least 14 days after their second Pfizer vaccine before receiving a flu shot.
- While children between the ages of 10 – 16 years are able to receive the flu vaccination at a UFS pharmacy, we recommend that anxious children between these ages receive the vaccine by a GP
- Children up to the age of 10 years need to visit their GP for the vaccine
- The fee for UFS members is $25, or $31.25 for non-members. Please have your UFS membership details available at the appointment (either bring your UFS membership card with you or have it stored in the Stocard app on your phone).
- ** At UFS Pharmacies, the subsidised vaccine is SUPPLIED free of charge under the National Immunisation Program (NIP) to pregnant women, people 65 years and over, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe inﬂuenza and complications (check eligibility with your preferred UFS Pharmacy) with a fee of $10 for UFS members to have this ADMINISTERED (or $12.50 for non members).
The following UFS pharmacies are welcoming online bookings for the flu vaccination
Bacchus Marsh UFS Pharmacy
Bacchus Marsh Village UFS Pharmacy
Bridge Mall UFS Pharmacy
Hardy’s Gisborne UFS Pharmacy
Melton Central UFS Pharmacy
Melton South UFS Pharmacy
Mount Clear UFS Pharmacy
Sebastopol UFS Pharmacy
Sturt Street UFS Pharmacy (717 Sturt St, open 24 hours)
Sturt Street West UFS Pharmacy (1010 Sturt St)
Wendouree UFS Pharmacy
The following UFS pharmacies are also offering the flu vaccination – please enquire instore.
A few additional points about the flu vaccine
- The flu shot changes every year to match different strains of the flu that are circulating. Even if you had the flu shot last year, it’s important that you get it every year to make sure you’re protected for when flu season hits.
- The flu shot is safe and effective and doesn’t contain any live virus so it can’t give you the flu.
- Think you’re fit and healthy and never get the flu? The flu doesn’t discriminate, anyone can get the flu. The flu is spread by contact with fluids from coughs and sneezes that contain the flu virus. The flu virus can live on any surface for almost 48 hours. Your best possible protection is with the flu shot.
- The influenza shot does not protect you against COVID-19. Remember that you need to have a gap of at least 14 days between your flu vaccine and your COVID-19 vaccine.
- UFS Medical centres are running flu clinics for existing patients over 65 year olds, which are free, government funded vaccines and bulk billed consultation. Call 5364 9100 to enquire.
If you are eligible for a subsidised flu vaccine**, please check with your nearest UFS Pharmacy for availability, or call your regular GP, as medical practices have the best supply of the NIP subsidised vaccine. UFS Medical is running a dedicated flu clinic for over 65 year olds – please phone UFS Medical on 5364 9100 for details.